Things To Do
Floyd is a vibrant small town with an abundance of things to do for your weekend stay. While we’ve listed some things here, it is certainly not a complete listing. Be sure to check out our county’s tourism page located here.
Just Some Things To Do In Floyd
Be sure to check out the Floyd Tourism website for all the up-to-date things to do and see in Floyd!
Visit many small shops and artist’s galleries in the heart of Floyd. Enjoy stores in the downtown area as well as just outside of the town limits like Wildwood Farms General Store.
Floyd is rich in its music history. The Country Store is often on the “must-stop” list of many visitors. Come experience the Friday Night Jamboree in the summer-time when music spills out on to the surrounding streets.
Located near the Blue Ridge Parkway, Floyd offers many attractions to view and visit. We have hiking, kayaking, winery tours and more! Check out our listing of activities!
Features and Listings
- Minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Unforgettable sites like Mabry Mill and Buffalo Mountain
- Hiking, Kayaking, Golfing, Biking, and Much More!
- World-Famous Friday Night Jamboree and Live Music Featuring: Bluegrass, Old-time, and Rock
- Premier and Award-Winning Wineries
- Fine Dining and Local Cuisine
- Walking Distance to a Unique Shopping Experience: Antique Stores, Galleries, and Arts & Crafts
- Annual Festivals, including FloydFest in July and the Bluegrass Festival in August
Fall into Floyd!
The fall season in Floyd Virginia is spectacular! Whether its a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway or a stroll along a mountain trail, you will experience the beauty of Appalachia. You might also check out the Arts and Crafts Show in October.
Hiking & Kayaking
The Blue Ridge Parkway offers many trails to hike. We are also nearby to the Appalachian and Huckleberry Trails. You can also find places to go for a float on the rivers.
Every September, Floyd holds it’s annual Livestock and County Fair. If you want a taste of “country life” be sure to come check it out with farm livestock, crafts, arts and food contests.